Monday 11 July 2011

Melancholy (poem)


(I wrote this one day when I was feeling melancholy....nuff said :)

I lay awake and wish for sleep but sleep she runs away,
A mind of wanders and dismay entraps me as I lay,
Why can’t I trust God for His will and place my hope in Him,
Yet hear I lay alone, confused, my cares are they just whim?
My heart it longs for His great will to be my heart’s desire,
Perhaps this longing soul within is by my Lord inspired,
I place my trust and heart with Thee my Lord and Saviour still,
And trust this heart on fire in me, is blessed by Your good will,
Still in this mind I seek to find the answer yes or no,
Shall I endeavour to keep this love; am I my friend or foe?
Oh Lord forgive me when I trust my melancholy head,
Please may I Lord lean not on me, and hope in You instead,
 I know thy words but still I doubt the love of friend and neighbour,
Please give me love that always trusts regardless of loves labour,
I wish for sleep but sleep won’t come and so I write this feeling,
And hope that He will give me faith and give my heart His healing.

This poem is done but still I yearn
 An emotional lesson perhaps I’ll learn
Tomorrow is another day,
My smile will return I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment